Frequently Asked Questions
About Our Motorcycle Rentals
1. What if I don’t know how to ride, or have never ridden a Motorcycle before? Unfortunately, You must have a valid motorcycle endorsement and be an avid rider in order to rent a motorcycle. If you only have a valid driver's license, we suggest renting a scooter instead!
2. What if it rains the day of my rental? We still rent our Motorcycles rain or shine, however If it rains we give you the option of cancelling and will give you your money back. Keep in mind, that even if it is raining in Skagway, once you leave town and get up over the Whitepass and into Canada, the weather often improves dramatically. We do have other options if it’s raining (We offer one of the best van tours in Skagway) so don’t let a little liquid sunshine get you down.
We have a saying in Alaska. “If you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes”
3. What if it’s too cold to ride? We’ll ride even if it’s cold. We provide warm jackets, pants, boots, helmets and gloves with your rental to keep you warm and dry.
4. Are there bathroom stops? Yes, there are several places along the highway that you can stop to use the bathroom.
5. Do the Motorcycles have a weight limit? The motorcycles are designed to carry grown adults and passengers without issue.
6. Am I required to wear a helmet? We require everyone renting our motorcycles wear a helmet for their own safety. Helmets are required by law if you cross the border into Canada.
7. Is there any required riding gear? Helmets are required and we provide additional riding gear with your rental.
8. How old do I need to be to drive or rent a motorcycle? To rent a motorcycle you are required to have a valid motorcycle license and be at least 21 years of age.
9. Can we ride with a passenger on the motorcycles? Absolutely, passengers are welcome on the motorcycles for an additional $25 to cover the gear rental for the day.
10. What do I need to bring? Please bring warm layers of clothing, your passport (or valid photo ID if you live in the US), and proof of motorcycle insurance -or you can purchase ours for an additional $20.
11. How early should I arrive for my rental? Please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes prior to your rental time. There are forms to fill out and you will need to be fitted for gear.
12. What temperature should I expect when riding in Alaska? You should be prepared to ride in temperatures between 50 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit (between 10 and 26 degrees Celsius).
13. Where can we ride? The South Klondike Highway is a beautiful road up and over the White Pass and into Canada. This is where we recommend most of our riders go. There is also a stunning road along the Taiya Inlet that will take you out to the Dyea Flats. Depending on your time restraints our staff would be happy to show you some beautiful places to stop and see along the way.
14. What are the roads like? The South Klondike Highway is fully paved but there may be loose gravel on some sections depending on road construction. The road out to Dyea is unpaved, hard packed dirt.